Just like when you hire an employee or contractor, hiring an intern is something that requires a written agreement. Cuz think about it, whether they’re paid or not, they’re going to be in your business dealing with your clients or content or marketing on a daily basis, and it’s important to make sure that’s all protected.
With this intern agreement you can lay out your mutual expectations in terms of work responsibility and compensation (whether monetary or otherwise).
And also cover specific deets like:
- how long the internship will last and how it can be terminated
- what information the intern must keep confidential
- how the intern can use social media
- how the intern can use your intellectual property
- who owns work the intern creates for you
… and more!